Thursday, 13 March 2014

Letter to worker

So at school we have to write a letter to a worker, we did an example to Fat Controller for a serious issue with the Vline trains (Gippsland line).

Our main issue was parents with prams being treated disrespectfully. Some of the parents raised concerns such as being told/asked to fold up their prams even if they were only on the train for one stop (about 10 minutes). As a mother of two little children I know that this can be a massive task, trying to keep the children near me so I can fold the pram up, or being able to control the children is harder then you might think. I, unfortunately, have fallen victim to have to fold up my pram on the train and trust me it bloody sucks!

Having the pram up is actually quite important because my children can walk, press buttons (they love the big red one that says "emergency") and open doors. As much as it may seem that having the pram up on the train is annoying or disrupting, it is quite a lot more annoying and disrupting having the children run around screaming, sitting on other passengers laps and dangerous because as I said before they can open doors, press the emergency stop button.

For the younger children/babies it is easier to have the pram up because if you don't have a friend/father to help then trying to fold up the pram is an almost impossible task. If the baby needs a sleep or even if you need to change their nappy, it is more realistic to change them in the pram then use the toilets as you'd need to take everything with you into the toilets (because Vline doesn't replace stolen items) and this is an impossible task, holding a baby and how ever many bags you have brought.

I as a Vline customer would like to see more space for parents with prams and disabled people. We are not animals and should not have to be treated like them.

Aimes xx  

1 comment:

  1. This is a great letter. I really hope you seriously thought about sending it on to V/line - minus fat controller tag. They need to hear these points of view from consumers, or they can't/won't change anything. As a general rule, each letter received represents around 200 people's opinion. At least that was the statistic that was touted 'when I went to school'

    ReplyDelete