Sunday, 23 February 2014

Mummy daughter weekend!

Where's my son!?


So this weekend has been just myself and my 2yo daughter. Yesterday (Sat 22-02-14) was a a very lazy day! We got up and got breakfast, my daughter had 2 mandarins and a banana. After breakfast we watched a couple of movies (Toy Story II & Aristocats). Aristocats is one of my most favorite childhood movies along with Thumberlina and Labyrinth. What are some of your favorite childhood movies? I'm actually very interested to know, so please comment your favorite movie/s and why.

After we had watched a couple of movies we had a smiley meat and cheese sandwich and a yogurt. My daughter decided it would be a great idea to pull her sandwich apart and only eat the meat! Needless to say there was bread spread out all over the lounge room floor. 

I was so tired that we went to have a lay down, I put a movie on in my bedroom for Nik to watch. She didn't feel like having a lay down and was up and down off the bed, so no nap for me! My nan had sent me a message asking if I was going to be home today to visit, I told her I was trying to have a lay down and to ring me when she was coming over. Half an hour later she messaged me on Facebook telling me she was on her way....Great still no nap for me! At this point I was so drained and tired I was now running on nothing, not even coffee was giving me enough of a boost.

After nan had been and gone we had a snack and I tried again to have a nap. FINALLY! Nik had fallen asleep, by this point it was 5pm, this was the time I usually start cooking dinner, I didn't know whether to wake her or have a sleep with her. I let her sleep for about 30 mins and was going to wake her up but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep too, YAY! I woke at 6pm when Nik had woken up and started jumping on me. 

We got up and had soup and toast for dinner. I was still so tired! We went back to the bedroom, I put another movie on for Nik and I watched YouTube for an hour or so. Nik was still wide awake so I ran a bath for her with the Johnson's baby bed time bubble bath while I had a shower. After we had gotten dressed for bed I read her a story and tried to get her to go to sleep. After turning off all lights, tv and laptop she finally fell asleep at 10:30pm. I then watched two of my favorite YouTubers and passed out at 11:30pm.

Sunday 23-02-14

I woke up at 9am to find I was covered in urine! I knew I should have put a nappy on my daughter. I got Nik up and had a shower. After our shower Nik had spinkles on toast for breakfast (hey, she asked for it!). While she was sitting down watching telly and eating her toast I had my morning coffee and smoke.

After the morning routine we went out the back and Nik played on the swings while I hung out the washing. After putting on another load of washing and playing out the back with Nik for about half an hour (at this point she missed her brother, asking me "where's my Isaac?") my friend comes over with my son. She told me on the way home Isaac was saying "I don't wanna go home". I was sad that he didn't wanna see his mum or sister but happy that he is happy to stay away from us if the day ever comes around that he has to.

When my friend had left I hung out the second load of washing and put another load on. I don't have a small washing machine but with the rain and cold weather the last week I haven't been able to hang it out, so it has just sat there waiting to be done looking at me like 'wash me!'

One of my friends came over and had a look at my car and replaced the shockers on it, while he was doing that my other friend came over to fix the bog on my second car (no, I'm not rich. They are both secondhand cars and one isn't registered but is getting done up to be put on the road). At some point my mum came screaming into my driveway, I honestly thought she was going to slam into my wagon that was parked in the driveway with a jack under it. I asked why she flew in like that and gave me her dog! She replied with, "there is a fire about 2 kms from my house, so I'm dropping the dog off and going to get petrol and go find my cat". I was in shock not knowing about this fire. I spose I should say now that it is currently fire season and my mum's house backs onto paddocks and bush land. Not long after she got home there was a notification that the fire had been put out, so mum came back to get her dog and stayed.

 My friend that was doing the shockers had left and the bog on the other car was taking a while and it was getting close to dinner time so I offered for him and my mum to stay for dinner. We didn't have anything fancy just plain old spag bowl, yummy.

After dinner my kids were both covered in spaghetti sauce so I ran them a bath, they love their baths! Once they were all dried and dressed my friend Barry (fake name) said it was time to leave as he has to go to work tomorrow morning. Not long after Barry left I put the kids to bed, Isaac went to sleep almost straight away where as Nik cried for about an hour (nothing major or I would have gone in to her).

Now I have finished writing this blog (have been adding to it most of the day, not just all in one hit) I am going to pack the daycare bags and go to bed! Goodnight everyone.



Aimes xx

No comments:

Post a Comment